Acceptable Donation List
Northwest Center values your donation and appreciates your support. Your donations allow us to continue to offer local programs to children and adults with developmental disabilities.
When preparing your donation, please help us be as efficient as possible by using the following list of acceptable items.
Help our Drivers and Attendants by bagging clothing and/or boxing items, especially if they are fragile.
Acceptable Donations - Click HERE for a complete list.
Clothing & Shoes:
- All styles & sizes for Children, Women, Men
- Clothing & Personal Accessories: Shoes, Boots, Belts, Purses, Backpacks, Hats, Gloves, Scarves, Jewelry, Eyeglasses, Socks, Ties, Nylons
- Bedding, Towels, Linens, Curtains, Tablecloths
We accept all clothing and textiles items. Exception, no items that are wet or moldy, soiled with toxic, hazardous or flammable materials.
- Books: Hardbacks, Paperbacks, Magazines
- Records, CDs, DVDs, Tapes, Videos (players too), Radios, Cameras, Projectors
- Computer Software
- Dishes, Pots, Pans, China Cups, Vases, Glassware, Utensils
- Small Appliances: Blenders, Mixers, Toasters, Irons, Humidifiers
- Toys, Games, Puzzles, Stuffed Animals, Skates, Bikes, Trikes
- Fabric, Patterns, Arts & Crafts, Yarn, Candles, Picture Frames, Baskets, Ornaments
- Paintings, Wall Hangings, Area Rugs, Table Lamps, Floor Lamps,
- Garden Tools, Power Tools, Hand Tools, Sports Equipment, Skis, Camping Gear, Tents
- School Supplies: Stationery, Photo Albums
- Small Furniture: Chairs, Nightstands, End table, Small bookshelves, Computer tables, Patio Tables (Under 50lbs in good condition that can be safely lifted by one person)
- Computers, CPU's/Towers, Laptops, Monitors, Televisions (at our Drop Off Locations only)
Northwest Center participates in the Washington’s State E-cycle program. We accept them at our Puget Sound drop off locations.
Unacceptable Donations - Click HERE for a complete list.
Unfortunately, there are certain items we are unable to take for reasons of liability, health issues or disposal costs. Please remember that we can only accept re-usable and re-sellable items.
- Appliances (Large) Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators, Stoves
- Automotive: Auto parts, Tires, Batteries, Mufflers
- Baby equipment: Car carriers/seats, Cribs, Swing sets, (due to recalls)
- Broken, damaged, stained, un-cleaned, non-working items
- Console Type TV/Stereo Extremely Large
- Construction Materials/Equipment: Lumber, Wood, Paint, Wall to wall carpet or padding, Venetian or Vertical Blinds, Light Fixtures, Doors, Tubs, Cabinets, Pipes, Wheelbarrows
- Food items (contact Northwest Harvest at 1-800-722-6924)
- Furniture: Torn, Stained, or Broken, Hide-a-beds, Sleeper Sofas, Mattresses, Box Springs.
- Drivers do not pick up LARGE furniture (couches, beds, tables); deliver to nearest Value Village store
- Flammable/Hazardous Products: BBQ’s, Batteries, Chemicals, Cleaning Products, Hazardous waste Gas Cans, Paint, Propane Containers, Gas lawn mowers or trimmers, Weapons, Ammunition, Explosives
- Pets or pet related items: Cat condos, Dog houses, Pet food
*Check out alternative solutions for items we don’t accept.
Nonprofits incur expenses when recycling and disposing of non-working donations. These expenses divert funds away from programs, so please help us further by not leaving unacceptable items at any drop off location. This constitutes illegal dumping.